Thursday, March 31, 2011

It Takes Two


Today was my day off and didn't get anything accomplished; pretty much a blah day. In the morning I ended up reading at a coffee shop for a couple of hours, then I came home and took a three-hour nap. I know, I know: I'm living the dream. When my wife got home from working a very hard and stressful eight-hour day (totally different than my day) she asked "What should we do tonight? Want to go for a bike ride?" And of course I said "I would love to!"

 My wife and I have never really ridden together so I was pumped! On one hand it was fun to push her and to teach her everything I have learned over this past year (which isn't a ton). On the other hand it was great to share this hobby together.


 We ended up riding 12.86 miles which took us a little over an hour. It was such a great night to be out and just enjoying it with my other half. It brought me a huge smile to look over and see Kristin riding and just having fun. During our ride  Jake, my brother in-law, rode past us on our way out of Ankeny and on the way home 
we ran into him again. It worked out awesome so that he could take a couple pictures of Kristin and I.




 You can really tell its getting nice out because the trails had a ton of people on them, which is always fun.  I'm super pumped for Saturday to ride again with Kristin. We are going to double our milage; should be a lot of fun! I'm really stoked to see Kristin get into biking, I can't think of anything better than both of us riding together!

No comments:

Post a Comment