Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thank You to Our "Village"

Everyone knows the saying "it takes a village" when it comes to raising kids. It is so true, and we are so thankful for our 'village' filled with our family, church family and friends.

Today I tackled writing thank you letters. While this can be a time-consuming task, it is one that I have learned to enjoy so much! It is one of the greatest reminders of the love and support that we have around us. You all have clothed my children, fed my family and spoiled us all with great gifts - and for that I cannot say thank you enough! (Seriously, I can't even remember the last time I cooked dinner!) That is not even mentioning the encouragement, tips, reminders and shoulders to lean on throughout this enormous task of child-rearing. All of this has made our transition of two kids to three so much smoother. 

So THANK YOU to all of you that speak into our lives. 



THINGS HEARD AROUND THE HOUSE:
My sister, Carrie always shares the best stories at the end of her letters that she calls "Tales from the Crib". I'm totally stealing that from her only being a little more boring and just calling it "Things heard around the house". I just want to write down all of these funny things that the kids do so that I can look back and remember them for years to come. And, this way, you can laugh along with me!

Rhett woke up at 6 and I told him to go back to sleep. His response was "But my eyes are awake!"

Rhett loves Cora and thinks she can do no wrong. He tells her that she is pretty or beautiful about ten times a day. (He also tells this to the ladies at the doctors office and Fareway - I always love the smile that it brings those ladies!) Last week while changing Cora's diaper Rhett yelled out "Mom, even her poop is pretty!" It's bright yellow right now. Gross.

"I'm Aaron" Rhett tells us all the time (as in, every.single.time we call him by his name) after watching his cousin, Aaron, play baseball. He thinks Aaron is the coolest. Usually after he reminds us that 'he's Aaron' he pretends to swing a bat and runs around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment