Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Norm

I won't write much. I just wanted to mention something that is on my mind.
It's so great to get to a coffee shop right as they open, when hardly anyone is around.  It's just nice to be able to hear the usually unique music, to be able to read without hearing the banging of the expresso thingy(I HATE THAT THING) there has to be a quieter way, but that can be talked about another day.
It's nuts to see people come in the shop getting their "usual" and without that cup of joe or whatever they get it just won't be a good day.  I hope and pray that people can have a good day maybe even a great day regardless of getting that cup of joe, regardless if the morning commute stinks or whatever else could possibly ruin your first hour of existence into the day. Maybe we should try getting out of the "usual" and just thank God for this day of life that He gave us. Thank God for the job that we get to go to.  Thank God for the car we get to drive rather than walk.  It's so easy to walk in this world and do nothing but complain (believe me i'm great at complaining, ask my wife) but wouldn't it be great to find things to praise, things that make us smile and things that we can be thankful for.  No matter how small these things are it has to be better than always complaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment