Thursday, August 6, 2015

Smiles of Grace

The past couple of weeks Cora has started showing off her smile. I love seeing those precious baby smiles!

This makes me think back to when Case first started smiling as well. It is one of the greatest moments with your baby, and the Lord knew I needed the reassurance of a smile the day that Case first showed his off.

When Case was 6 weeks old he had a little cold. The doctor told us to keep an eye on it and bring him in again if he got worse. A couple days later I hadn't seen any improvement so I scheduled a doctors appointment. As that day went on he got progressively worse. By the time we were sitting in the doctors office I could tell he was having trouble breathing. Before I knew it the doctor was calling an ambulance to transport Case to the hospital.

We spent the next week in the hospital battling RSV. While at the hospital we also learned that Case had a heart condition called SVT (which he has now outgrown!). We weren't able to hold him and I wasn't able to nurse him for a couple days. It was a long week that worries a mommies heart, but Grant and I felt the Lord's presence during it as well that was able to calm us.


On one of our last days in the hospital Case was becoming more alert and we were able to hold him again. While holding him he started showing off his smile. And it wasn't just one little grin here and there, which is how I think most babes start off when they smile. Not Case. He smiled nonstop. One of those huge, just can't contain it, smiles. It felt like a sure sign of God's grace. He knew that his smile was just the thing to calm my heart.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me






1 comment:

  1. You have happy, at peace, feeling the love, babies. That is why they smile so much.

    ReplyDelete