Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not Up To Par



As you all know, I recently purchased my bike, which is a 2011 Cannondale Synapse. This bike has been awesome except for one thing.  This bike came equipped with all Shimano 105 components which are great; a complete upgrade to what I used to have. Now that all the positive stuff is out of the way, I would like to do some complaining!


This bike also came with Shimano RS10 wheels, which sounds nice, but they are not living up to par.  I have only put 160 miles on these wheels and I already have had to take it in to bike the shop to get the wheels worked on. The reason I have had to take them in is because the spokes are coming loose. Then my wheel is not true and starts to rub on my brakes. The spokes aren't breaking just coming loose. What a joke. Only being at 160 miles, that is not right. I don't want to waste my days taking my bike in every time this happens. I also don't want my bike sitting at a shop where I can't ride it. Lastly, I don't want to waste Barr Bike & Fitness's time either.  


On Saturday when I brought my bike in to get the wheels looked at this is what I was told, (Get this!) "So the wheels that are on your bike have "generally" been a great wheel, but recently with the economy going down hill shimano was not putting as much care into these entry level wheels. The standards have pretty much gone out the window." That is really frustrating for me, this bike wasn't cheap, and to hear that these wheels are junk was not fun to hear. I also don't think Cannondale should even equip a bike with wheels that don't live up to the rest of the bike.


Luckily Barr Bike & Fitness is an awesome bike shop that cares more about their customers than their money. They are taking my crappy wheels back and equipping my bike with a set of Mavic rims which are supposed to be tough as nails. It's so awesome to know that Local Bike Shops really do care about the customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment